Garbage Disposal Repair & Replacement
A garbage disposal used to be considered a luxury appliance in the kitchen, but now it’s almost essential to use to get rid of scraps of food and clean up after meals. It is easy to forget about your garbage disposal until it stops working. Most garbage disposals are powered by a small electric motor which turns solid food into liquid (with the help of running water from the sink). We repair in-sink, batch feed, and dishwasher garbage disposals. To keep your garbage disposal working at its best and free from clogs or jams, it is suggested to avoid items such as:
- Large or hard food pieces
- Fat, grease and oil
- Fibrous foods like banana peels, celery, pineapple and other fruits
- Bones, skin, large pieces of meat
- Rice and other small grains
Take Care of Your Garbage Disposal!
Here are a few suggestions to keep your garbage disposal running at its best:
- Deodorize your disposal by putting small amounts of lemon peel
- Add food slowly to the disposal so the motor doesn’t overload
- Run cold water 5-10 seconds before you use the disposal and run it at least 15 seconds after you turn it off to flush the food through the disposal
Call the Garbage Disposal Experts at Metcalf Plumbing!
Use caution when you are attempting to fix any appliance, especially the garbage disposal. Check the breaker box if the disposal isn’t running and if you cannot get it to work, call our team of professionals and let us handle the diagnosis and repairs for your safety.
For a garbage disposal replacement, we’ll talk about what type of appliance is right for your kitchen. We carry 1/3, ½ and ¾ horsepower Insinkerator garbage disposals. When you are ready to make improvements to your kitchen including a garbage disposal upgrade, we’ll provide the necessary knowledge and information for you to comfortably make the choice!
Garbage Disposal Repair & Replacement Experts Serving Howard & Baltimore Counties including Catonsville, Ellicott City, Jessup, Laurel, Columbia, Arbutus, Hanover & More!